SVL - HELP
If you are having issues with Blackboard, the first thing you need to do is to contact your teacher and let them know. This is extremely important for them know.
Blackboard User Manual for students
How to submit a file in Blackboard
- problems with your class
- The first thing you need to do is contact your instructor. They are the ones that can help you with anything going on in your class. They may refer you to our technical support people but they are your first step.
- Check to make sure that you have all of the appropriate browser plugi-ins and updates ( Check the Student Support page )
- Make sure that you have updated to the latest version of Java ( http://www.java.com )
- Check to make sure that you have Flash Player and Shockwave Player installed ( http://www.adobe.com )
- problems with registration
- If you are having problems registering please verify that you have the your browser set to accept cookies.
- If you have a last name with a apostrophe in it please try it without the apostrophe.
- If you are unable to print off the forms that were emailed to you please verify that you have:
- Microsoft Word or Open Office(free) installed
- Adobe Reader(free) installed
- These programs will be required for you to be able to complete your classes successfully
- If you are unsure of the registration process or the forms you need to return see the registration page for more details but generally:
- SPS student - The only form we need returned to us is the registration form signed by you, your parents and your counselor. The other forms are for your reference only.
- NON-SPS students - We need 2 forms returned to us:
- The registration form signed by you, your counselor and your parents
- One of the following:
- Interdistrict agreement form - Use this form if your home district is releasing funding for you to take the class or classes
- Tution form - use this form if you or your district is paying for your classes
Spokane Virtual Learning         2900 East 1st Avenue, Spokane, WA 99202       phone-509-354-7545      fax-509-354-7582
Spokane Public Schools complies with all federal and state laws and regulations and does not discriminate.
It is the policy of the School Board to ensure
that student records are created, maintained, disseminated,
of as required by law and as deemed necessary
and appropriate to provide
for the educational welfare of students
and support of District's educational
programs, and/or for the orderly
and efficient operation of schools.
The Board directs the superintendent to establish procedures
that govern the
collection, content, management and control of student records.
(Refer to Policy
6220 for District policy on public record requests.)